Thank you for visiting First Impressions – the Manners School at Fleur de Lis Academy. We look forward to meeting you and your family so that we may have the opportunity to explain how we at Fleur de Lis Academy may be a positive influence in your child’s life! Teaching children the rules for social conduct gives them social skills that will benefit them throughout their lives. Manners are not just about which fork to use, they are about fostering respectfulness and teaching responsibility. Our programs teach valuable lifetime skills to develop self-confidence, courtesy and respect for others through fun curriculum incorporating etiquette lessons, dining tutorials, and social dance education. These skills help each student become a valuable contributor in their home, school and community.
Private | Semi-Private | Group Lessons | Summer Camp
We know how busy families are, so we make our schedule as flexible as your schedule! We offer private lessons and mini-workshops based on your needs and objectives. Private lessons are often helpful when we are focusing on specific etiquette understanding and improvement. However, it is also fun to gather a few friends that may include siblings (and even parents) and do a semi-private workshop that is sure to develop and improve social manners too! Our classes and workshops are recognized for excellence in their age appropriate content, professional instruction, and enjoyment by our students. Additionally, our families enjoy our fun and comprehensive manners camps offered throughout the summer.
Here is a sampling of our programs and topics that have been extremely successful with our students:
Mighty Manners – Pre-K (ages 3 -5) | Elementary Etiquette (1st– 4th)
An activity filled program for teaching good manners and dining etiquette to young children, these programs foster children’s growth through age-appropriate play-nourished activities that build self- esteem. Topics may include:
- ABC’s of meeting and greeting
- Little things we say and do
- Table setting
- Visual dining tutorial
- Identifying dining utensils and usage
- Graduation ceremony and luncheon
Positively Poised (5th-8th ladies) | Offensive Protocol (5th-8th gentlemen) | Lifeskilz for Young Adults (9th-12th)
A participatory program for teaching social skills and teen etiquette to young adults, these programs focus on confidence building, traditional and contemporary manners for young adults, the code of international politeness, cultural awareness and respect, rules of courtesy, managing conflict, dress for success, dining tutorial and other social skills. Topics may include:
- Meeting and greeting
- How to initiate and carry on a polite conversation
- How to introduce people
- The simple rules of courtesy
- Accepting, extending and declining an invitation
- RSVP meaning and response
- Dress for Success
- Samples of invitations
- Identifying proper dining utensils and usage
- Visual dining tutorial
- Graduation ceremony and four course dining tutorial dinner
Cotillion Club, Jr. (4th–7th) | Cotillion Club, Sr. (8th-12th)
A Leadership, Social Grace & Cotillion program featuring 12 sessions including theme party nights, traditional dining etiquette lessons, formal tea dance afternoons & a spring formal in our French ballroom at Fleur de Lis Academy. This unique manners program focuses on self-respect, civility, and confidence through communication activities, proper execution of modern manners, and social ballroom & contemporary dance instruction. Dance partners are encouraged for this program.
Our application and registration process is quick and easy! Please click here to register and indicate the following:
- Please indicate if you would prefer a private lesson(s) and/or a semi-private workshop with your friends/family.
- Please indicate your objectives, what topics you would like covered, and if there are any issues we should be aware of. We are happy to assist you with developing the best program for you.
- Depending on your needs, schedule and budget, we will develop a unique plan for your family. Private lessons start at $30 and $80 for a series of 3 lessons. Semi-Private lessons start at $25 and $65 for a series of 3 lessons.
- To complete your application and secure registration, please make arrangements to stop by the facility to provide tuition payment. Registrations are not complete until the tuition has been received or arrangements have been made.
Please call us to set up time for a personal tour of our facility. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact us via e-mail or by telephone (203)210.7155. We look forward to meeting you and your family!
Founder & Director of Fleur de Lis Academy